The Department of Osoul Aldeen was founded in 1991 at An-Najah National University. The department introduces the significance of the Holy Quran and Hadith as they are considered the fountains of legislation and divine guidance.
The department provides BAs and MAs on Osoul Aldeen where the courses it provides vary in order to produce competent graduates in the Holy Quran and Hadith sciences, Elocution and Preaching.
The vision of department of Osoul Aldeen springs from the strong faith in the uniqueness of the Islamic nation, religion, culture and civilization. It also springs from the need of the Islamic nation and humanity in general for the rise of this civilization, to shine anew, in all fields of life. This civilization has a distinctive vision, for it contains mercy for people and honor for human being. This civilization also rests on a divine revelation and can offer solutions to all problems of life, in different spheres, and check on the majority of these problems which plague mankind these days in all fields of life: scientific, intellectual, social, economic, etc.
This program seeks to turn out graduates who are distinctive academically, culturally, morally and missionarly. It also endeavors to make these graduates possess a good basic knowledge of Islamic law in general and Qur’an sciences; exegesis; hadith and aqida( creed) in particular. This is in addition to making them possess the right qualifications to assume a teaching or missionary job. The program also strives to supply the society with qualified academics, specialists and experts and meet the religious and educational needs of the people in the field of Islamic shari'a and in Qur’an sciences, exegesis, hadith and aqida in particular.
The Usool Edeen graduate is expected to be able to do all the following:
- Call for Islam in a modern way and introduce it in simple manner and use a moderate approach particularly when it comes to his/her specialization: Qur’an, hadith and aqida sciences.
- Deliver a religious lesson or mawida in an audience particularly in the fields of Qur’an, hadith and aqida sciences.
- Deliver a heart touching and thought- provoking religious sermon particularly in Qur’an, hadith and aqida sciences with minimum errors in language structure.
- Write legal scholarly papers in the field of Qur’an, hadith and aqida sciences, and practice documentation of old and contemporary primary and secondary sources/references and demonstrate an ability to analyze ideas and think critically.
- Answer people's religious and legal questions in Qur’an, hadith and aqida sciences.
- Recite the Holy Qur'an with observation and application of recitation and elocution rules.
- Lead prayer services in mosques.
- Teach Islamic education discipline in schools and use modern teaching methods.
- Use modern technology (computers) and modern resources to conduct scientific research in shari'a sciences and particularly in Qur’an, hadith and aqida sciences.
- Use social media, such as facebook and twitter, in reaching out to people to help them solve their mundane and religious issues and call for Allah.
I. This department aims at turning out distinctive graduates who enjoy the following traits:
- Feel proud of their religion and culture and have a sense of belonging to their civilization and nation.
- Set good examples for others in their beliefs, morals, behavior and treatment. -Possess a solid knowledge in all religious academic aspects and particularly in their major. These include Qur’an, hadith,
- exegesis, and aqida sciences, thus qualifying them to assume job in teaching, ifta (issuance of religion decrees), preaching, guidance and other religious-related jobs.
- Enjoys the ability to effectively preach and teach in all fields of religious knowledge pertinent to his/her major, and voice his shari’a opinion in intellectual, behavioral issues which concern the society.
II. Contributing to the consolidation of contemporary Islamic sciences, and offering Islamic alternatives in all fields of life and
knowledge and particularly in Qur’an, hadith and aqida sciences.
III.Contributing to dissemination of original legal knowledge and educational awareness of this knowledge that responds to and faces contemporary problems and challenges in the Palestinian
society in particular and in the Muslim society in general especially in fields of Qur’an, hadith and aqida sciences.
IV. Turning out graduates who have the ability to think critically and properly according to a legal scientific methodology, thus
enabling him/her to infer legal rulings and pariticipate in debates, dialogs and persuasion.
V. Linking religion with reality and taking it from theory to practice
particularly in the field of Qur’an, hadith and aqida sciences.
VI. Highlighting the glory of the Holy Qur’an and sunna as two for
legal sciences and all other related religious sciences.
IV Nurturing a number of positive values, and central community human concerns in the student. These values include respect of
human rights, protection of the environment, respect of others, acceptance of the principle of pluralism and disagreement and fostering the principle of social justice and peace.
The Quality Assurance Committee of the Fundamentals of Religion Department aims at developing the adopted teaching and assessment methods, following up the accredited study plan and reviewing courses’ content and description.
- Dr. Odeh Abdullah (Head of Department)
- Dr. Mohsen Khalidi (Member)
- Mr. Raeq Saedi (Member)
- Osama Al-Jubeihi (Student)